Sunday, June 13, 2010

#16 grandpa

So I haven't posted in awhile because life has been super crazy hectic lately! Just to give you a little idea, working full time, planning a wedding, revamping my portfolio, and starting summer classes this week. Not to mention I visited el Dino this weekend for a wonderful event...Wrigly's baptism, and unfortunately got some unwonderful news...my grandpa had finally passed away after years and years of suffering. It's a very sad time for my family, but also an wonderful opportunity to honor the life of a great man! He got a military honor guard, as well as a fireman's honor guard, the firetruck from his old station house drove in the procession with us (he used to drive the truck!), and then to top of all that awesomeness, his gravesite is located by the graves of the civil war heroes he loved to learn about! He was truly a great man, and will be greatly missed! So I'm trying to think about how best to honor him for our wedding, I have some ideas, but they're still in the works.


Grandpa used to work on typewriters in addition to being a fireman, so I'm thinking about using that idea for invitations or something. Not to diminish his memory to something so trivial, I just want to remember him in some small way. Much love to all my family and friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment