Sunday, June 13, 2010

#17 playin around

After the last somber reflection, I feel like my blog needs something fluffy to get us all back in a happy mood. So I'll let you all in on what I've been working on...

So who needs real flowers when you've got mad craft skills...lol...I don't know how great these are yet, but with a little practice, I think they could look pretty cool!


1) They didn't take me long to make...2) They look like the garden roses from my inspiration board...3) I can have complete control of the color they get spray painted (and we all know how much I love being in control!)...4)They're a little artsy, which is a little me, maybe, definitely...AND...

5)THEY WOULD BE SOOOOOOO MUCH CHEAPER THAN REAL FLOWERS!!!!

Cons:

None...oh except my mom wants to whine about how I should have real flowers...because these, of course, don't fit into her perfect idea of what my wedding should look like...i.e.-think copious amounts of tulle, beading, flowers, hor d' oeuvres before a 5 course meal.

The only con I can think of as I'm racking my brain...paper+candles=fire...so either we 86 candles or...have them arranged in such a way as to avoid fire hazards...that means my cousin Ryan sits off in a corner by himself, possibly chained to a chair or some other permanent means of imprisoning him.

Opinions...Comments?

1 comment:

  1. Hate to break it to you, but there's no way strategic candle/paper flower placement is going to prevent our wonderfully coordinated friends from lighting something on fire. Is there fire-retardant paint?

    The flowers look good - pretty realistic. But they would be a bitch to spray paint haha.

    ReplyDelete