Thursday, March 17, 2011

#40 sans green

So I've been traversing the blogosphere of weddings today, and a lot of my fav blogs have inspiration or styled shoots featuring you guessed it IRISH THEMED stuff. And while I am completely okay with inspired themes, I was seeing a whole lot of GREEN...which totally makes sense...I mean, it isn't called the Emerald Isle for nothin'...but not everyone is that into Kelly green...me being one.

So I thought I'd make an inspiration board honoring one of the less known tidbits of Irish countryside living...the red door! In fact, red is far more common than Kelly green as the paint of choice for cottage doors as Sean Thornton (John Wayne-Quiet Man) found out. And with such beauties as Maureen O'Hara, with her flowing red locks, coming from the emerald shores it seemed an appropriate source of inspiration. Throw in an Irish sheepdog, knitted tights, ethereal baby's breath, and some good ole' crockery and you've got an Irish-inspired board sans the green.


sidenote: horseshoes are an Irish wedding tradition, but make sure they are upright otherwise the luck they hold will spill out the open end!

images clockwise from top left: JSR Photography via Wedding Obsessions, Country Living, Country Living, Deborah Soltesz via Flickr, Karen Morgan via Image Kind, ?, Wed Bits

No comments:

Post a Comment